Nov. 21, 2022
6 Features of a Kitchen Remodel That Are a Waste of Money In Connecticut
Kitchen remodels are always popular. The pandemic has increased home improvement projects even more as people embrace the idea of staying home more. While it's easy to find inspiration for these kitchen remodels there are great ways to save money and still create beautiful, welcoming space.
6 Kitchen Remodel Features That Are a waste of Money
1. Expensive Backsplashes - Backsplashes can make a huge visual impact, but more expensive is't necessarily better. There are many cost-effective materials that mimic expensive quartz, marble and glass.
2. Designer Appliances - Designer lables look great on shoes and purses but look for style and function for new appliances and forget the designer brands that can cost twice as much for the same look.
3. Trendy Hardware - Hardware is one of the least expensive ways to update to a kitchen, but there is still a cost. Balance personal style with price and avoid fad fixtures that will need to be replaced soon.
4. High- Tech Gadgets - Tech is fun but will you really use your refrigerator to build a shopping list or turn on your oven from the beach? Most likely, tech gadgets in the kitchen will go to waste.
5. Moving Electrical/Plumbing - When possible, work within the current layout of electrical and plumbing access. Relocating these sources is expensive and difficult
6. Open Shelving - Displaying beautiful plates and glassware may be appealing but consider the upkeep to maintain this look. You may end up adding closed cabinets anyway for more money after the remodel.