Nov. 21, 2019
How to Make Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
If you’ve never made twice baked sweet potatoes before, they’re not tricky, but they do take some time to prepare. They’re “twice-baked” because the first step is always baking the sweet potatoes. Then, you slice them open, scoop out some of the flesh, stuff them with fillings, and bake them again! In this recipe, this process goes something like this:
- Bake the sweet potatoes until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Slice them in half, and scoop out a tablespoon of the flesh from each half to make room for the filling.
- Blend the scooped flesh with cashews, rosemary, lemon, garlic, and water to make the luscious cashew cream.
- Toss together your broccoli filling! It’s a tasty mix of steamed broccoli, scallions, lemon, and Dijon mustard.
- You’re ready for your second bake! Layer each sweet potato half with the cashew sauce, broccoli filling, and grated cheddar cheese. (I also added some hemp seeds to mine for crunch.)
- Bake until the cheese is melted, and serve with extra sauce on the side!